With regular wear, gold jewelry will inevitably become dirty. The good news is that gold is a relatively easy metal to clean. You can clean your gold rings at home using simple household items and materials. In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to clean gold rings safely and effectively.
How Often Should You Clean Your Gold Rings?
It’s a good idea to give your gold rings a thorough cleaning at least once a month. If you wear your rings daily, you may need to clean them more often. To prevent build-up, removing your rings before applying lotions or other products to your hands and fingers is best.
What You’ll Need?
To clean your gold rings, you’ll need the following supplies:
- A soft, lint-free cloth
- A bowl of warm water
- Mild dish soap
- A toothbrush (optional)
- A soft-bristled brush (optional)
- A gold polishing cloth (optional)
1. Begin using a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe away any surface dirt or debris gently. If your rings are particularly dirty, you may first want to soak them in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
2. Add a drop or two of mild dish soap to the warm water and stir gently to create suds. Submerge your rings in the soapy water and allow them to soak for a few minutes.
3. Use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to clean any remaining dirt or debris. Be sure to scrub gently to avoid scratching the gold surface.
4. Rinse your rings thoroughly under warm, running water.
5. Dry your rings completely with a soft, lint-free cloth. You can buff your rings with a gold polishing cloth for extra shine if desired.
Tips for Cleaning and Storing Gold Rings
Here are a few additional tips to keep in mind when cleaning and storing your gold rings:
- Gold is a relatively soft metal, so be sure to handle it gently to avoid scratches or other damage.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive materials, or cleaners when cleaning your gold rings.
- To prevent tarnishing, store your gold rings in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It’s a good idea to keep them in a jewelry box or container when not in use.
- Try not to wear your gold rings when doing activities that could damage them, such as gardening, cooking, or cleaning.
Caring for your gold rings is an important part of owning jewelry. Following these simple tips and instructions, you can keep your rings looking their best for years.
Buy Your Jewelry From StoryJewellery
Whether you are looking for a special piece of jewelry for a loved one or a treat for yourself, you will find it at StoryJewellery. We offer an exquisite collection of handcrafted jewelry with only the finest materials.
Our talented team of designers creates unique pieces that are both beautiful and wearable. We also offer a wide range of services, including custom design, repairs, and appraisals.
Shop confidently, knowing that you will find the perfect piece of jewelry at StoryJewellery.