Taylor Lautner is an American actor who gained worldwide recognition for his role in the Twilight franchise of young adult films alongside Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. However, few recall his role in the children’s tape Sharkboy and Lavagirl, which brought him to the attention of the public. Determine his age when he produced the picture for children.
Youth and Early Life
Taylor Daniel Lautner was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on 11 February 1992 to Deborah and Daniel Lautner. His younger sister, Makena, and he were both raised as Roman Catholics. His ancestry is German, French, Dutch, and Native American.
View this post on Instagram
At age six, he enrolled in his first karate class taught by Michael Chaturantabut, the inventor of ‘Xtreme Martial Arts.’ By age eight, he had earned his black belt. He subsequently won more junior martial arts championships. He was spotted at the 2003 ISKA Karate Event, which was broadcast on television.
Numerous extracurricular activities, including football, baseball, and hip-hop dance, were part of his Valencia public school experience. During this period, he relocated to Santa Clarita, California, and began his acting career.
What is the Plot of Sharkboy and Lavagirl?
Sharkboy and Lavagirl is a children’s film about a boy named Max who does not get along with his classmates, but in his dreams he has two wonderful pals named Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
Max’s existence is trouble-free, but when his dreams become actual, he encounters not only his pals with special abilities, but also formidable foes.
— Taylor Lautner (@OfficiaITDL) April 26, 2015
How Old Was Taylor Lautner When Sharkboy and Lavagirl Was Released?
Tape Sharkboy and Lavagirl debuted in 2005, when the actor Taylor Lautner was only 13 years old and had only performed in local plays.
“The film was made during a period in my life when I took a break from performing in order to focus on vital things such as my family, friends, and fiancée. Taylor stated, “The timing was not right for me, but Sharkboy will always hold a very important place in my heart,” when asked about his absence from the film Superheroicos, in which he was meant to reprise his former role.
Awards & Achievements
- In 2009, he won the Teen Choice Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance-Male” for his role in “Twilight.”
- ‘Glamour’ magazine included him on its list of ‘The 50 Sexiest Men of 2010’
- People magazine named him fourth on its list of “Most Amazing Bodies.”
- In 2011, he won the “People’s Choice Award” for “Favorite On-screen Team” for “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” alongside Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
- In 2013, he received the “MTV Movie Award” for “Best Shirtless Performance” for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2.”
Personal History and Legacy
- He has romantic relationships with actor-singer Taylor Swift and actress-singer Selena Gomez. He dated Canadian-Greek actress Marie Avgeropoulos from 2013 to 2015. In 2018, he began dating the California-based nurse Taylor Dome.
- Lautner follows a strict diet and practises martial arts in his leisure time, as reported by the popular magazine Men’s Health. In California, he resides with his parents and sister.
View this post on Instagram
During a promotional interview for ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon,’ this Hollywood actor was advised to remain in his hotel room due to the presence of about 2,000 girls in the hotel lobby.
The actor from “Twilight” does not mind being referred to by the name of the character he portrays in his films.